Santa Clarita Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys
An Experienced Approach to Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Cases
Has someone you know and care about been hurt while living in a nursing home? Do you suspect that a caregiver or employee at the facility has abused your elderly loved one? If you do, you may have the right to seek compensation for your loved one’s medical bills and any costs associated with the neglect and abuse they endured.
At the Law Offices of C. Ray Carlson, our team of Santa Clarita nursing home abuse attorneys has the experienced needed to help you fight for justice. We will fight hard to get your loved one the compensation they deserve—we will not stand for the mistreatment and abuse of our senior citizens.
On This Page
Nursing homes, long-term care facilities, and caregivers are required to provide elderly individuals with an acceptable standard of care. These standards encompass all levels of treatment and care that should be provided to seniors. When we take on a nursing home injury case, one of the first things we do is to investigate it thoroughly to determine whether or not the standard of care has been followed. Oftentimes, they have not. Once we have the necessary facts to make this determination, we can then begin working to establish liability.
Because elderly individuals are not always capable of speaking up on their own behalf, it’s important that family members and loved ones are aware of and vigilant about recognizing the signs of nursing home abuse and neglect. If you notice any signs that your loved one is being mistreated or is receiving substandard care, report the suspected abuse right away.
Signs of nursing home abuse and neglect may include:
- Untreated bedsores
- Untreated illness
- Medication errors, including overdose
- Physical or chemical restraint
- Signs of sexual abuse, such as injuries to the genitals, buttocks, or breasts
- Poor hygiene
- Poor staff-to-resident ratio
- Soiled or dirty clothing or bedsheets
- Unexplained fear, anger, sadness, depression, or anxiety
- Unusual changes in mood or behavior
- Falls and fall-related injuries, including broken bones
- Unexplained injuries, such as bruises, scrapes, or cuts
- Large or unusual withdrawals from bank accounts
- Changes to a will, trust, or power of attorney
At the Law Offices of C. Ray Carlson, we have years of experience handling nursing home abuse and injury cases like yours and are committed to fighting for justice for your loved one. We have represented victims of nursing home neglect and abuse in Santa Clarita, Los Angeles County, and all of Southern California. We are prepared to use our skills and resources to fight for the compensation and justice you and your family deserve.
When you reach out to our team, we will:
- Meet with you during a free initial consultation to discuss the specifics of your case, answer your questions, and inform you of your options
- Determine whether you have grounds for a nursing home abuse or neglect claim and whether we believe we can win your case
- After accepting your case, conduct an exhaustive investigation and gather evidence to demonstrate the extent of the abuse/neglect and damages
- Inform the liable party of your intent to file a claim and engage in settlement negotiations in an effort to recover maximum compensation
- Take your case to trial if a fair settlement with the liable party cannot be reached and if doing so is otherwise appropriate
Begin with a Free Consultation Today
We understand how emotional these situations can be. Ultimately, we are here to help you and will work tirelessly to get you the results you need. We are ready to use our years of trial experience to hold negligent nursing homes accountable for mistreatment.